Rough skies and heavy rain shouldn’t stop you from satisfying your wanderlust. There are many places in the Philippines that are just as good, or even better, in the rainy season as they are in the summer.
Here are some travel destinations that you can pay a visit some time during these (very) wet months.
1. PANSOL, LAGUNA -- If the rainy weather gets too chilly, perhaps you’ll be interested in taking a dip in a hot spring pool in Pansol, Laguna. Pansol boasts of numerous naturally-heated pools which will definitely keep you warm even as the rain pours.
2. BAGUIO CITY -- If warmth turns you off, then maybe you should try heading north to the summer capital of the Philippines. Baguio can get cold in the summer, but even colder when it rains. Just watch out for the fog if you’re driving!
3. NAGA CITY, CAMARINES SUR -- Naga City is best for adventurous travellers who also like to immerse themselves in culture and history. You can trek or rappel in waterfalls surrounding Mount Isarog in the morning and visit the nearly 300-year-old Our Lady of Peñafrancia Shrine in the afternoon.
4. CEBU -- It barely rains in Cebu, which makes it a great place for travellers who still want to get to the beach even in wetter months. You can still get your dose of Vitamin Sea at Oslob, Badian, Moalboal or Alcob.
5. CAGAYAN DE ORO -- For those of you who are adrenaline junkies, Cagayan de Oro is the place to be. Rain is great here, especially if you plan on white water rafting on the Cagayan River.
6. BORACAY -- Yes! You can still go to Boracay during the rainy season. During these months, Bulabog Beach is the center of all activities, while the popular White Beach remains mostly empty. You can get good deals on airfare and accommodation too during the rainy days.
Wherever you’re going, it’s best enjoyed worry free. Travel worry free by insuring yourself and your car with FGEN Insurance now!