Updated: 23 March 2018
Statement of Policy
Thank you for choosing Fortune General Insurance Corp. (“FGIC” or “FGen Insurance”). We value you, respect your privacy, and work hard to protect your personal information.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliate companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
As you can see, protecting your personal information is important to us. In addition to the practices described above, we use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard your information. For Date of Birth (DOB), payment information, and other sensitive personal information, this includes restricting access to our employees, agents and others who use such information only as permitted by law, such as to comply with the law, to provide you with products and services or to handle your claims. Our privacy practices continue to apply to your information even if you cease to be an FGIC customer.
What data do we collect? How is your data collected?
We gather Personal Information (sometimes called “Personal Data”), by which we mean information that would allow us to determine your identity when you engage with us. For example, FGIC may receive your Information when you:
- Use FGIC’s websites or software applications (“Apps”)
- Provide or update account information
- Register or attend FGIC-hosted or sponsored events (such as promotional events, or contests)
- Order or use FGIC products, services or other offerings
- Communicate or interact with FGIC online or offline
Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver's license number, date of birth, social security number, marital status, family member information, and payment information. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to, policy coverages, premiums, and payment history.
We may also collect third-party information from you to carry out the necessary services and/or requests, including adding another driver to your existing policy. If you provide us Personal Information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
If you log in to our Services using your social media login credentials (e.g., Google+, Facebook), we may receive Personal Information, as determined by the practices of the applicable social media platform.
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications
- Develop new services
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads
Also, our business partners assist us with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help us to better understand how visitors use our sites.
Web and Mobile Analytics
We use Web and Mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Apps on the devices that you use. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. Only non-identifiable web traffic data are analyzed.
If you choose, your location is obtained from the mobile device or the network using your device's GPS functionality, or directly from you. We use your location information to
- search for information you request - including agent searches
- identify the location of an accident you are reporting
Your location information is stored on FGIC's servers and retained by FGIC until you delete the application from your device. When we execute such searches on your behalf we do not transfer your identity or personally identifiable information to third parties, other than with service providers necessary to help perform this function. This information is not used to create a profile about you or your activities.
To prevent FGIC from using your current location, you can disable the GPS functionality on your mobile device or choose not to submit current location when prompted.
How is your data used and shared?
In the course of normal business activities, we use and share your personal information. We may provide your information to persons or organizations within and outside of FGIC. This would be done as required or permitted by law. For example, we may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested
- Service your policy
- Market our products
- Handle your claim
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Participate in insurance support organizations
- Send you push notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
The persons or organizations with whom we may share your personal information may include, among others:
- Your agent, broker or Allstate-affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services such as, but not limited to, credit/debit card processing and/or communication services on our behalf
- Business partners that assist us with tracking how visitors use the Apps
- Other financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement
- Other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- Independent claims adjusters
- Businesses or oragnizations that conduct actuarial or research studies
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors
To help ensure the security of your personal and financial information that you submit to this site, (other than via an e-mail message), we use security software to encrypt all sensitive personal information before and during its transmission through the Internet. We only allow information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
You should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
Only authorized FGIC personnel have access to these personal information, the exchange of which will be facilitated through email and hard copy.
Access and Correction
You can request to review your personal information contained in our records at any time. To do this, please send a letter to the address below requesting to see your information for the previous two years. If you believe that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can request that we correct it. Please note we may not be able to provide information relating to investigations, claims, litigation, and other matters. We will be happy to make corrections whenever possible. We will respond to all such requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Please send requests to:
The Data Protection Officer
Fortune General Insurance Corp.
4/F Citystate Centre
709 Shaw Boulevard
1600 Pasig City, Manila, Philippines
or submit a message to us using this form ...
If you wish to update, delete inaccuracies, or modify your profile information, you may do so at any time by logging into your account. If you no longer wish to receive certain email communications from us, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by contacting us at the e-mail address listed above.
Feedback on our Privacy Notice
We Appreciate Your Business
Thank you for choosing FGIC. We understand your concerns about privacy and confidentiality and hope this notice has been helpful to you. We value our relationship with you and look forward to serving your insurance needs.