FGen Insurance always took pride in the culture that we have cultivated and nurtured all these years in the industry. With us, you dont get a job...... you get a career.
CREDIT & COLLECTION SECTION HEAD
- Oversees the day to day operational requirements of the section and ensures the facilitation and review of the following, which include, but not limited to: Billing Process, File Maintenance Procedures, and others as may be required of the unit
- Strictly adheres and implements pre-defined collection policies and procedures, consequently resulting to increased month-on collection of past due accounts, regularization of existing problematic accounts and eliminating the occurrence of new problematic accounts
- Implements Disposal and/or Resolution of all problematic accounts by the end of the FY by ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the necessary documentation and substantiation procedures of all identified accounts
- Identifies workable problematic and “would be” problematic accounts, formulates restructuring plans and options, and as may be approved, conducts restructuring agreements / sessions with tenants, within sound frameworks and parameters
- Conducts regular concurrent controls such as the following in order to determine possible procedural lapses, potential account mismanagement, and consequently proposing corrective measures implementation:
- 1. Regular Account Review & Monitoring
- 2. Problematic Account Status Review & Update
- 3. Aging Analysis Review
- Accurately and efficiently prepares reports, data, and information, such as, but not limited to the Consolidation of all Receivable Reports, specifically the Aging Report, Collection Efficiency Report
- Plans and implements staff enhancement programs such as delegation and/or involvement of down-lines to new tasks and Training, Development, and Coaching geared towards the enhancement of the staff’s capability and cultivating their potential year-on
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, preferably Accountancy
- It least 5 years of relevant work experience, 2 years of which in supervisory capacity, preferably in a mall or related industry
- Strong leadership and management (Problem-Solving, Planning, Organizing, Time Management, and Administrative) skills
- Strong Analytical ability
- Customer-service oriented, proactive, and a team player
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Filing of cases before and judicial, quasi-judicial (such as Insurance Commission – IC) and other administrative agencies and make follow ups thereon.
- Do legal research, draft letters, pleadings, contracts and other legal documents.
- Assists company lawyers in the preparation of complaint, answer, pre-trial briefs, judicial affidavit of witness and memoranda and other legal documents.
- Secure certified true copy of documents, papers and other writings as may be required in the filing of recovery cases in judicial and quasi-judicial agencies/bodies.
- Conduct legal research and gathering of relevant information relative to the recovery cases of the company.
- Make, keep and maintain proper filing of company recovery cases.
- To appear in any hearing(s) before any judicial, quasi-judicial and other administrative agencies where lawyers are not allowed.
- Sort-out, collate documents relative to the recovery cases of the company.
- To perform such other duties and functions as may be specifically delegated by company.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Management, Law or equivalent (underbar, had taken up a substantial units in law school)
- Familiarity with Labor Laws, Corporate Governance.
- Good Oral and Written Skills
- Can relate to all levels in the organization.
- Highly organized, analytical, keen to details, result oriented and can work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
Interested parties may send their resume to :
Fortune General Insurance Corporation
4th Floor, Citystate Centre, 709 Shaw Boulevard, Pasig City
5th Floor, Dominga Bldg. III, Chino Roces., cor Dela Rosa St. Makati City
Email add: email@example.com
You may also call our offices at telephone numbers.
706-39-59 (Ms. Mai Soberano)
810-01-76 (Ms. Pauline Lachica or Ms. Marjorie Ramintas)
1. Attend the Basic Non-Life Seminar conducted by Fortune General Insurance
2. Take and pass the licensure exam conducted by Insurance Commission
3. Comply with the requirements:
- Duly filled-up application for license
- Three (3) pcs. 1X1 ID pictures
- Photocopy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Photocopy of current Professional Tax Receipt (PTR)
- Photocopy of current Residence Certificate
- Photocopy of examination result (for non CA holder)
- License fee – Php 1,530.00
online application form (for agents)